Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Preparation time does not include 2 hour refrigeration
- 1 lb tri-colored pasta or 1 lb pasta shells
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 12 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, blanched and minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped
- salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta, drain well, and immediately rinse in cold water. Shake off the excess water and chill.
- In a large mixing bowling, add the tomatoes, olives, onion, basil, thyme, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and chilled pasta and then top with the cheese.
- Toss well, adding salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.