Recipe by momstar
A slightly different version of beef stew and so easy to make.I got this from a neighbor when we were stationed at Ft. Riley, KS. back in the 80's. It has since become a family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces large pasta (I use medium sea shells)
- 1 (14 ounce) can French style green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, brown the meat in oil.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, (I like to cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces),tomato sauce, water, onion spices.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and cover and simmer until meat is tender about 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Stir in macaroni and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 mintes, stirring occasionaly.
- (hint, do not use more than 4 oz. of macaroni).
- Stir in green beans and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
- Goes well with french bread and a salad.