Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals.
Top Review by Irmgard
I made a half recipe since it was just me and my husband for dinner and it was really good. It's sort of a Caesar salad's poor cousin but I actually like it better since I'm not big on things like croutons and bacon bits and I have to limit the number of eggs I eat. I will definitely make this again.
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- grated romano cheese or parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, combine the garlic cloves and the oil. Over a low heat, caramelize the garlic until browned and soft, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer garlic cloves to a blender or food processor. Add the vinegar and mustard. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in the reserved garlic oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chop the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put in a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss to coat. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and serve immediately.