Recipe by PJ Funnybunny
This is a tasty and easy to make salad. I love it because it is healthy, low-cal, and nobody would know it. This recipe is from Ultimate Foods for Ultimate Health by Liz Pearson and Mairlyn Smith...I highly recommend this book.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot (I didn't use this in the recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry romaine and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a mini food processor/blender to puree feta, vinegar, olive oil, honey & shallot (if using).
- Toss romaine with dressing and add your washed and dried blueberries and toss again -- gently.
- Apparently you can make the dressing up to two days in advance, but we made it and ate it right way. We had some leftovers for a small snack in the evening.
- This would also be good with some toasted almonds sprinkled in, but more calories then!