Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tart and tangy and a wee bit sweet - different and delicious and gorgeous to boot! I had this at a dinner party and the recipe was asked for by every guest! (5 couples!)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bitesize pcs
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 4 -8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or vegi. oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a glass dish or jar and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add oil, salt, paprika, dry mustard and garlic.
- Shake/stir to combine and chill thoroughly.
- Combine lettuce and strawberries, add dressing to taste and toss until well coated. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
This is excellent. Love the sweetness of the strawberries in contrast to the feta.
Really good. I'd eat this every day if I could. A great combo of sweet and tangy. Lots of different stuff to keep your taste buds interested.
This salad is delicious! It's definitely going to be a staple of mine during strawberry season! yum..