Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is the best accompaniment to a heavy pasta meal. The only way I can describe the dressing is to say it tastes "bright and light". If there is any leftover after a meal is over, there isn't for long, because I always end up picking at it until it's gone!
Top Review by Julie F
Great salad! I didn't have lemon so used lime juice and zest instead. It was good but I will try lemon next time. I loved that the dressing is made right in the bowl - fresh every time and less clean up! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 slices prosciutto, diced (about 2 oz.)
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate zest from 1 lemon into salad bowl.
- Squeeze juice from lemons into bowl. You should have at least 4 tablespoons.
- Whisk in olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar until well blended.
- Add romaine, onion, peppers, proscuitto, provolone, and olives.
- Toss well until thoroughly combined.