Recipe by LMillerRN
The small inner leaves of romaine lettuce are tender and crisp, perfect for this salad. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the Pecorino Romano. From Martha Stewart.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Delicious salad! It was perfect for a hot summer day. I love the way the prosciutto tastes when it's crispy. Almost want to use it instead of bacon, if only it weren't so exspencive.:)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, roughly chopped
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces romaine lettuce hearts, leaves torn in half
- 1 ounce pecorino romano cheese, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly brush a biking sheet with jolive oil, and arrange prosciutto in a single layer. Place in oven and bake until crisp, 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and thyme, season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add romaine and shaved Pecorino Romano, and toss to combine. Serve topped with prosciutto crisps.