Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Yemenite friend always made this - takes no effort, low in fat, and tastes amazing! Has a bit of a zing from the lemon, and a hint of spiciness from the garlic, while the mayo keeps it smooth. I love this because it's from ingredients you always have on hand - there's never a reason not to have a salad every night!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- Combine the mayonnaise, minced garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour over chopped romaine lettuce, and mix well.
- Grind a bit of freshly ground pepper on top, and enjoy!
Love the versatility of this dressing. The dressing is very good in its own right. Another plus to the dressing are the tweakings that can be done to suit your mood of the moment. Today I added dry oregano and a very small amount of feta cheese. I've also combined Italian Seasonings with Parmesan, dried basil with tomato or Queso Blanco, chipotle powder with Queso Fresco.
This was easy, tasty, and healthy. The lemon is a bit strong, so for us I would use less the next time, but that is just our personal preference I'm sure. Thanks AniSarit for sharing a keeper! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.