Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 horned melon, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 cup thinly sliced braeburn apple (about 1/2 apple)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 7 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 14 ounces)
- To prepare dressing, squeeze horned melon into a fine mesh strainer over a bowl; press with the back of a spoon to extract juice.
- Discard seeds. Add buttermilk and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) to bowl; stir with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- Cook edamame according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine edamame, apple, onion, and lettuce in a large bowl; pour dressing over and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.