Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday Food, a simple, but beautiful salad.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Peel and thinly slice the carrot, (to equal 1/2 cup). Place in a blender along with ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and water.
- Blend on high til carrot is pureed. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream, blending til incorporated.
- Cut romaine into bite sized pieces. Divide lettuce among four serving plates and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Very good dressing, everyone liked or loved it. Thanks!
This was really good. It surprised a lot of people who didn't think they would like it, but they did - and asked for seconds! I added some grated carrot to the romaine lettuce and used white vinegar instead of rice vinegar. Yum!