Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We use to get a hot salad at a Mexican Resturant in the bay area, It was soooo good. I hope you like this one.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips (4 to 5 slices)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces (1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Hard-Boil EGGS: Cover eggs with cold water by 1 inchin a small heavy saucepan and bring to boil, partially cover with lid.
- Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, cover completely, 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water to stoping the cooking.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cook Bacon: While eggs are simmering, Cook bacon in a heavy 10-inch skillet over moderate heat, stirring,until crisp,about 8 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Leaving rendered fat in skillet.
- Make Salad: Peel eggs and finely chop.
- Put Romaine and Eggs in a serving bowl.
- Add oil and shallots to fat in skillet and cook over moderate heat,stirring,until shallots is softened,about 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and salt and boil, swirling skillet,10 seconds.
- Pour hot dressing over romaine and egg and toss to combine.
- Add bacon and toss salad, then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve HOT.
Nice bacon flavor. We enjoyed this as a main course salad for two. Next time I'll make a little more dressing to coat all the greens a bit more. Thanks for sharing this.