Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Eat Well Stay Well.
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced avocado
- With a paring knife remove the skin and pith from the oranges.
- Working over a large salad bowl to catch the juices, cut out the orange segments. Set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, oil, mustard, and salt to the juice, whisking to blend.
- Add the lettuce and scallions, tossing well. Add the avocado and toss gently to combine.
Really great salad! It is simple, yet has a nice variety of colors, flavors and textures. I used clementine oranges for the salad and juiced another orange for the dressing. Next time I make this, I may sprinkle the salad with some sliced almonds. Thanx for sharing!
This was really a good salad for a very hot summer evening. I added walnuts for a bit of contrast and it worked well. The colors were nice as well, greens, green-yellows and the orange. Simple and just enough dressing!
Awesome! The dressing totally rocks!!! I prefer it with more dressing and with red onion instead of scallions. I also added a tiny smidge of cayenne pepper. I left the romaine leaves whole and spooned the salad into them, eating them as lettuce wraps. The combination is great! Thanks for posting.