Recipe by Abby Girl
This is a simple recipe that I have adapted from Bon Appetit. The anchovies are not "in your face" noticeable, but give a sutble flavor. The tomatoes and crutons give colour and crunch. Before using anchovies, I run them under warm water to get all the oil and spines off, then pat dry with paper towel
- 1 garlic
- 3 anchovies, washed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (heaping if desired)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 small romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crouton (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, add the garlic and anchovies and chop. Add the rest of the ingredients for the dressing and combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and add the tomatoes and crutons. Toss with the dressing ~ or ~ toss the lettuce with the dressing and place the lettuce on the plates. Dress with the tomatoes and crutons.