Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a hit everywhere I take it. The hardest part is making sure the toasted walnuts don't burn.
- 1 lb red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 ripe red pears, sliced thin
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) package feta cheese (I use low fat)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix balsamic vinegar, sugar, celery salt, salt and oil together and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Toast walnuts, slice pears & strawberries. Break lettuces up into bite size pieces in large bowl. Top with walnuts, pears, strawberries and feta. Pour dressing over salad. You might not need all of the dressing - use according to your taste.