Top Review by Maito
Great ingredients in this salad, the heart of palm and cheese ribbons especially go well. The one thing I did do differently is oven crisp the prosciutto, once I discovered this method (as in Recipe #319957), I can't go back to prosciutto crudo. We love lots of veggies, and these salads were huge even for us!
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup picked flat leaf parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1 can quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 lb wedge pecorino romano cheese or 1⁄4 lb asiago cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place romaine on a platter and toss with parsley tops.
- Wrap hearts of palm in prosciutto and cut into bite size pieces on an angle.
- Arrange prosciutto wrapped palm sections and quartered artichoke hearts over romaine greens.
- Shred cheese with a vegetable peeler into short ribbons.
- Drizzle the salad with balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.