Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup picked flat leaf parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1 can quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 lb wedge pecorino romano cheese or 1⁄4 lb asiago cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place romaine on a platter and toss with parsley tops.
- Wrap hearts of palm in prosciutto and cut into bite size pieces on an angle.
- Arrange prosciutto wrapped palm sections and quartered artichoke hearts over romaine greens.
- Shred cheese with a vegetable peeler into short ribbons.
- Drizzle the salad with balsamic vinegar and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Great ingredients in this salad, the heart of palm and cheese ribbons especially go well. The one thing I did do differently is oven crisp the prosciutto, once I discovered this method (as in Fig and Crispy Prosciutto Salad), I can't go back to prosciutto crudo. We love lots of veggies, and these salads were huge even for us!
What a delicious surprise! The prosciutto-wrapped hearts of palm was pure genius, and I could have eaten just that on its own! The parsley actually lifted the flavor of the romaine and the asiago that I used worked perfectly with the prosciutto. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2012.