Ensalada de Lechuga con Aderezo de Cilantro from "Zarela's VeraCruz" -- a lovely, simple salad with a very fresh taste--a wonderful palate cleanser after a main course.
- 1 large romaine lettuce (ragged outer leaves discarded)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned (any type)
- 4 large celery ribs, trimmed and julienned
- 20 fresh cilantro stems, leaves only
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Have ready a large bowl of ice water.
- Rinse the lettuce under cold running water, tear into bite-sized pieces, and let stand in the ice water to crisp for 10-15 minutes. Drain well and dry very thoroughly in a salad spinner.
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, and celery.
- In a blender, combine the cilantro and olive oil; process to a puree.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Toss with the salad and serve.
What a lovely green salad! I absolutely loved the cilantro dressing. The flavor was wonderful. I will be making this salad again and again. Thank you!
We loved this salad!! DH was very hestitant about the dressing (ewh green!) but I made him try it and he loved it. I'm not sure if my onion was too strong or what but I ended up adding quite a bit more cilantro to get the flavor to come through. We really enjoyed the salad as listed as well - felt it was a great balance to the dressing. Regardless this is definitley a keeper!! Made for Veg*n Swap 32!!
This was a nice, light & refreshing salad. I was worried the cilantro would overpower the entire salad, but it didn't. It was a nice balance. I buzzed up the onion in the dressing as I was worried my kids would freak out if they chomped into a piece of raw onion. This is a very GREEN salad. Next time I'll add a handful of carrots or some bell pepper or something to make it a little more colorful.