1/6 Photos of Romaine Lettuce Salad With Cilantro Dressing
Chef Kate's Note:
Ensalada de Lechuga con Aderezo de Cilantro from "Zarela's VeraCruz" -- a lovely, simple salad with a very fresh taste--a wonderful palate cleanser after a main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large romaine lettuce (ragged outer leaves discarded)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned (any type)
- 4 large celery ribs, trimmed and julienned
- 20 fresh cilantro stems, leaves only
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Have ready a large bowl of ice water.
- 2Rinse the lettuce under cold running water, tear into bite-sized pieces, and let stand in the ice water to crisp for 10-15 minutes. Drain well and dry very thoroughly in a salad spinner.
- 3In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, and celery.
- 4In a blender, combine the cilantro and olive oil; process to a puree.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 6Toss with the salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romaine Lettuce Salad With Cilantro Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 435.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g