1/5 Photos of Romaine Hearts With Sourdough Croutons and Parmesan
There is a tangy lemon vinaigrette that coats the leaves and mixes with the Parmesan cheese to make a lovely salad adorned with the sourdough croutons which provide crunch and a good garlic flavor! Adapted from Fields of Greens restaurant cookbook.
My Private Note
small s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 head romaine lettuce
- 1-2 garlic clove, finey chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 8 large olives, pitted, coarsely chopped (Gaeta or Nicoise olives are good)
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated (1 oz.)
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1Discard the tough outer leaves from the romaine and use the whole leaves and hearts. Wash the leaves and dry them in a spinner, or pat dry with a towel. Wrap loosely in a damp towel and refrigerate.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- 3Add the garlic to 1 tbls. olive oil and toss with the cubed bread. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes, until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- 4To make the vinaigrette:.
- 5Combine everything but the oil, then whisk it inches The dressing should be very lemony and bright. This makes about 1/2 cup.
- 6When you are ready to serve the salad, place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add the olives and toss with the vinaigrette, coating all of the leaves.
- 7Add the croutons and Parmesan cheese and toss again. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve. Don't forget to enjoy! :).
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romaine Hearts With Sourdough Croutons and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (5537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3212.5
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 5616.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 590.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.5 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 127.5 g