Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I am always making different salads to tweek taste buds of my hubby. This has surprise vegetables in it which could be optional, cauliflower and avocado. The crunch and taste is great.
- 1 large romaine lettuce hearts, chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced cauliflower floret
- 8 baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, chunks (optional)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon reserved pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large glass bowl, add 1 inch chunks of Romaine lettuce hearts.
- 2nd layer: Add pineapple chunks.
- 3rd layer: Add cauliflower slices.
- 4th layer: Add sliced carrots.
- 5th layer: Add Avocado chunks.
- In bowl add rice vinegar, sugar, milk, poppy seeds and pineapple juice. Mix well with whisk.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Add Raspberries.
- Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate two hours.