Recipe by ALH
Nice salad. Source: The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook, revised edition, copyright 2008, page 61 ("Romaine Lettuce, Artichoke Hearts, and Asiago" made with "Creamy Garlic Dressing" and "Herbed Croutons".
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and each heart cut into 6 wedges
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (not lowfat or nonfat) or 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (not lowfat or nonfat)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons sage or 2 teaspoons dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 cups bread cubes (1/2in. cubes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Cover and refridgerate.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk salt, oil, pepper, garlic, and herbs together.
- Add bread cubes and toss.
- Spead coated bread on baking sheet and bake until golden, 20-25 minutes.
- Toss lettuce, artichokes, and dressing together.
- Top with croutons and cheese.