Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
The combination of these ingredients make for a very unusual flavor. A nice change from the usual salads.
Top Review by woodland hues
Thanks for posting this recipe. It was exactly what I was looking for, and the two of us enjoyed it immensely. There was nothing to change, really, except I used a new crop apple - Sunrise - which wasn't as tart as Granny Smith but still terrific. My compliments to you, Luby.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- For Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients except oil.
- Add olive oil in a stream and whisk until emulsified then set aside.
- In small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar and walnuts and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl mix Romaine lettuce, apples and cheese.
- Add walnut butter mixture to lettuce.
- Pour Dijon vinaigrette over lettuce, mixing well.