Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rick Rodgers, Celebrations 101
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced salami, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 2 cups crisp bread croutons
- Make the vinaigrette: combine the red and balsamic vinegars, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender; with the blender running, gradually add the olive oil through the feed tube to make a smooth vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, artichoke hearts, red peppers, and salami; add the vinaigrette and toss again.
- Top with cheese and croutons; give it a final toss and serve immediately.