Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook of blue-ribbon winners from Nashville, Tennessee cooking contests. The combination of oranges and steak sauce with romaine combine to make an unusual but delicious recipe. We love it!
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (or a bag of pre-washed and chopped romaine)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 small oranges, peeled and separated into segments or 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, combine orange juice, steak sauce, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well.
- Gradually add oil, whisking constantly. Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing over lettuce; toss to coat. Add oranges, nuts and cheese; gently toss. Serve remaining dressing on the side, for those who want to add more salad dressing.