Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a quick Greek salad from Cooking Light Superfast Suppers. Posted for ZWT 2008.
Top Review by Maito
Wonderful salad! My mom made this, and the only thing she did differently is to add artichoke hearts and make her own Greek vinaigrette. The garbanzo beans are a different addition from most Greek salads, but they add something nice to it. Yum!
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, chopped and peeled
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato