Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
These made a nice side with any meat dish.
- ripe roma tomato
- parmesan cheese
- your favorite fresh herbs or dried herb (oregano, basil, dill, coriander, etc.)
- margarine or butter, melted
- Select firm, red, ripe Roma tomatoes.
- Cut in half lengthwise and place on a baking pan cut side up.
- Drizzle margarine or a butter on each half.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Sprinkle finely chopped fresh herbs or dried on each half.
- Then, simply sprinkle a generous amount of parmesan cheese on the prepared tomatoes.
- Place underneath a preheated broiler for 3 to 4 minutes and remove when the parmesan cheese has melted.
- Also, this recipe will work in the microwave on medium-high for 1 to 2 minutes (watch closely, or tomatoes will overcook).
- Serve as either an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre, or as a tasty side garnish on a main plate entree.
- Very delicious and a nice touch.