Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm growing Roma tomatoes so I'm really excited to try this recipe! Chill time not included.
Make and share this Roma Tomato Rings Stuffed With Cream Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the stems off of the tomato and use the handle of a teaspoon to remove seeds.
- Stir the cream cheese to loosen a bit and spoon it into the tomatoes.
- If you have a pastry bag or a Ziplock with the tip cut off,it might be easier to fill the tomato.
- Be sure that the tomatoes are completely filled and there are no air pockets.
- Cover the tomatoes and refrigerate.
- After they are really chilled--1 to 1 1/2 hours-take them out of the fridge and put them on a cutting board.
- Using a VERY SHARP KNIFE, wet blade with water and slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place the slices on a serving platter and garnish if desired.
Delicious - and it is great that it is make ahead. A good veggie cream cheese is a must. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '10
This is a wonderful, simple and impressive appetizer. If you love tomatoes, you will love this recipe. In addition to using the roma tomatoes, I also used plum tomatoes. The cream cheese filling is wonderful. I used all of the garnishes recommended including kalamata olives, green olives and black olives. Made for Zingo ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.