Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm growing Roma tomatoes so I'm really excited to try this recipe! Chill time not included.
- 6 large roma tomatoes, ripe
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream cheese with vegetables
- 1 small dice pimiento
- 3 olives, sliced
- Cut the stems off of the tomato and use the handle of a teaspoon to remove seeds.
- Stir the cream cheese to loosen a bit and spoon it into the tomatoes.
- If you have a pastry bag or a Ziplock with the tip cut off,it might be easier to fill the tomato.
- Be sure that the tomatoes are completely filled and there are no air pockets.
- Cover the tomatoes and refrigerate.
- After they are really chilled--1 to 1 1/2 hours-take them out of the fridge and put them on a cutting board.
- Using a VERY SHARP KNIFE, wet blade with water and slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place the slices on a serving platter and garnish if desired.
Delicious - and it is great that it is make ahead. A good veggie cream cheese is a must. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '10
This is a wonderful, simple and impressive appetizer. If you love tomatoes, you will love this recipe. In addition to using the roma tomatoes, I also used plum tomatoes. The cream cheese filling is wonderful. I used all of the garnishes recommended including kalamata olives, green olives and black olives. Made for Zingo ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.