I'm growing Roma tomatoes so I'm really excited to try this recipe! Chill time not included.
Make and share this Roma Tomato Rings Stuffed With Cream Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the stems off of the tomato and use the handle of a teaspoon to remove seeds.
- Stir the cream cheese to loosen a bit and spoon it into the tomatoes.
- If you have a pastry bag or a Ziplock with the tip cut off,it might be easier to fill the tomato.
- Be sure that the tomatoes are completely filled and there are no air pockets.
- Cover the tomatoes and refrigerate.
- After they are really chilled--1 to 1 1/2 hours-take them out of the fridge and put them on a cutting board.
- Using a VERY SHARP KNIFE, wet blade with water and slice tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place the slices on a serving platter and garnish if desired.