Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from Better homes and Gardens. It is a good Diabetic recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs prewashed fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook raisins, pine nuts or pecans, garlic, salt and ground red pepper in hot oil in a 6-quart dutch oven over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is light brown.
- Add Spinach.
- Toss well to coat.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more or just until spinach is wilted and heated through.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Very good and easy side dish. Didn`t need the cheese. With the left overs I`m adding it to cooked pasta a little more olive oil and I have a meatless main dish. I think I will top the pasta with the cheese. Thanks for a great way to serve spinach!