1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Green stuffed olives and herbed tomatoes really add amazing flavour to this chicken recipe. Soooo tasty! I found this recipe in a "First for Women" magazine. I've lost and found this recipe twice, so I'm adding it here for my safety and for everyone else to enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) broiler chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto di Parma, chopped or 2 ounces sliced prosciutto di Parma
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olive
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper if desired.
- 2In large skillet over medium high heat, cook olive oil until heated (about 30 sec). In 2 batches, cook the chicken 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Save drippings.
- 3In same skillet with reserved drippings cook onions peppers and garlic over medium high heat for about 3 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add prosciutto, tomatoes, olives, basil and rosemary. Stir, then add chicken back into the skillet.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, cover, simmer for 40 minutes (or until thermometer in chicken reads 165 F). Baste occasionally while cooking.
- 5Garnish with rosemary sprig if desired.
- 6I have served this over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roma-Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.2
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 227.0 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prosciutto di Parma
stuffed green olives