Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got the idea for this watching an Olive Garden commercial. In the commercial the only ingredients they mentioned were fresh roma tomatoes and basil. I thought that's just simple enough to be delicious. Of course I added a few more things to make it more interesting.
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces fresh basil, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 10 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onions in oil until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and basil and simmer until a sauce forms (about 5 minutes).
- Add vinegar, salt, and pepper and simmer until thickened into a sauce (about 15 minutes).
- Serve the sauce over the cooked noodles.