Recipe by Chef Roly-Poly
I love a good brisket, and nothing says it like low and slow. I earned a reputation for my briskets at my church and now everytime we have a gathering or fellowship, people want me to bring the brisket. I hope my bragging was worth it on this recipe.
- 1 large beef brisket, packer trimmed (about 15 lbs.)
- for those concerned about fat, substitute market trimmed.
Roly Poly Rub
- 1⁄4 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup McCormick's Season All
- 2 tablespoons mccormick garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon mccormick smoked paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Season-All, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, and Smoked Paprika and mix well.
- Remove about half of the fat cap and place brisket in a large roasting pan.
- Slather lean side with worcestershire sauce and rub with half of the dry mixture. Turn fat side up and repeat with rest of seasonings.
- Cover and cook in slow oven 225 degrees F. for about 8 hours or until fork tender. Check periodically for liquid buildup. When done, remove to cutting board and allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes. Separate layers and remove
- any remaining fat. Slice across the grain. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce or with gravy made from pan drippings. Freezes well.