Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I've just got to get this out of my system. Ever since I saw these Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies over at Picky Palate, I've been waiting to try something similar. I have a little thing for chocolate chip cookes. And by little, I mean BIG. And by BIG, I mean HUGE! And by HUGE I mean...You get the picture. After making these, I'm really not sure that chocolate chip cookies will ever be the same again. I am not sure I'll ever be able to make unstuffed cookies again! The key with these...You have to let them cool to just the right temperature. Still bit warm, but cool enough for the caramel to have started to harden. But only just a little bit. And if you get it at just the right time, you take a bite...and as you pull the cookie away, a long string of caramel forms and you have to catch it! It's a moment of ooey, gooey stuffed cookie perfection. I sure hope you can recreate that moment!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 18 Rolo chocolates
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer or mixing bowl, beat together the butter/margarine and the 2 sugars. Add in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until smooth. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed, until batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Flatten the Rolos, using a potato masher, or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Form the cookies by placing dough on top and on bottom of the flattened Rolos. Place on cookie sheet, or Slipat baking mat, and bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes, or until they begin to golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Makes 18-24, depending on how much dough you use for each cookie.