Recipe by MellyBelly
A twist on an average chocolate cupcake. Easy to make when you use your favorite chocolate boxed cake mix.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
My daughter prepared this delicious cupcakes, surprisingly easy to make and works like a dream, what a lovely chocolate-caramel surprise lurks in moist rich sponge! These were pretty fabulous and definitely a keeper! She chose not to dribble them with caramel syrup since they are already pretty rich and sweet. Lovely recipe, MellyBelly, made for PAC Fall 2011!
- 1 lb chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 24 Rolo chocolates
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caramel syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat Cake Mix, Eggs, Milk, Applesauce, and Chocolate Syrup until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 of the way, and then add a Rolo Candy to each cup. Fill liner until candy is covered.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are cooling mix Cream Cheese, Confectioners Sugar, Whipping Cream, and Carmel Syrup until smooth.
- After cupcakes have cooled completely, ice with Carmel Cream Cheese Frosting, and drizzle with Carmel Syrup.