Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A twist on an average chocolate cupcake. Easy to make when you use your favorite chocolate boxed cake mix.
- 1 lb chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 24 Rolo chocolates
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caramel syrup
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat Cake Mix, Eggs, Milk, Applesauce, and Chocolate Syrup until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 of the way, and then add a Rolo Candy to each cup. Fill liner until candy is covered.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are cooling mix Cream Cheese, Confectioners Sugar, Whipping Cream, and Carmel Syrup until smooth.
- After cupcakes have cooled completely, ice with Carmel Cream Cheese Frosting, and drizzle with Carmel Syrup.
My daughter prepared this delicious cupcakes, surprisingly easy to make and works like a dream, what a lovely chocolate-caramel surprise lurks in moist rich sponge! These were pretty fabulous and definitely a keeper! She chose not to dribble them with caramel syrup since they are already pretty rich and sweet. Lovely recipe, MellyBelly, made for PAC Fall 2011!