1/4 Photos of Rolo Cookies
1 hr 40 mins
heather in Ont,'s Note:
I got this recipe from my neighbour Bonnie who brought them to a cookie exchange. Needless to say they were a big hit with the kids (big and small). Having the Rolo in the center gives it a wonderful surprise when biting into it. Keep the Rolo's in the freezer until ready to use as it improves the texture of the cookie. One of the few cookies my DS likes. Prep time includes the 1 hour to chill dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, beat butter or margarine, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until light Beat in eggs and vanilla until batter is smooth.
- 2In another bowl, combine flour, coca and baking soda.
- 3Stir into sugar-egg mixture to form soft dough.
- 4Chill dough in fridge at least 1 hour Place 1 tbsp of dough in palm of hand and press.
- 5Put 1 Rolo candy into centre.
- 6Bring up sides of dough to cover it completely.
- 7Roll between palms to make a smooth ball.
- 8Place remaining sugar on a plate and roll each ball in sugar.
- 9Place on greased baking sheet and bake cookies in preheated 350° over for 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and firm.
- 10Cool on rack about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolo Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 77.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: