Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
What could be better than a chocolate cookie that has a melted Rolo candy inside?!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 52 chocolate-covered caramel candies (Rolos, 6 rolls)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (It's important to make sure the oven is preheated to 350°). The cookies should be done in exactly 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture; blend well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the chopped nuts.
- For each cookie, weigh out 3/4 ounce of dough (approximately 1 tablespoon) and shape around a Rolo, covering completely.
- In a small bowl, combine rest of nuts and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Roll unbaked cookie in nut/sugar mixture. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- Note: I get exactly 52 cookies--this leaves 2 Rolo candies to eat.
I have made these for several years and they are ny grandchildrens favorite