Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My daughter brought this recipe home from her school cooking class.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (13 ounce) package Rolo chocolates
- You will need a mini muffin pan.
- Spoon out a heaping tea spoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball.
- Place them in the muffin tin (no paper inserts are needed).
- Then you press the Rolo's into the center of the cookie.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden!
This is a tough call... I can honestly break my review down like this: Taste 5 stars Ease 4 stars Appearance 1 star My muffin tin is non-stick, but only 2 came out intact. Intact they looked like a mini-muffin that didn't fully rise. The texture seemed undecided (I know - I'm weird) like it was a conglomeration of a cookie and candy trying to pass off as a muffin! I even tried rolling the dough around the Rolo and baking it on a sheet which helped, but then it just melded together to make a very rich gooey cookie. For ease I only gave it 4 stars because I didn't like having to unwrap the Rolo's! All in all, just not for me but might be good for a youngster to make. Thanks young Dorn for sharing and keep on trying new things - just like your Mom!!!!
Easy solution. Bake the cookie dough without inserting the rolo. As soon as they come out of the oven sink one rolo into each cookie. The cookies stays together and does the rolo.
Definately tasty.....just not the most intact cookies that I have tasted or seen.. Very gooey in the center, and that was being cooked for 12 minutes.