Recipe by Canadian Pixie
My mom found this recipe in a local newspaper a while back and it has been a family favourite ever since. Very easy to make and well worth the cost of the Rolo's!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 (52 g) packages Rolo chocolates
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture until blended.
- Take about 1 tbsp of dough and form a cup in your palm. Fit chocolate piece into center and shape dough around to enclose chocolate.
- Roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes or until cookies flatten and tops are slightly golden.