1/2 Photos of Rolo Cookies
I'm not sure what these were originally called, but the recipe came from a Pillsbury Bakeoff cookbook. These are my favorite cookies and I get requests for them all the time. They are a chocolate cookie topped with sugar and pecans and when you bite into them you get a delicious caramel surprise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375. In small bowl combine flour, cocoa and baking soda. Mix Well.
- 2In large bowl beat 1 cup sugar with brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- 3Add vanilla and eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture and blend.
- 4For each cookie, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 Rolo, covering compleletly. If dough is too sticky to handle easily, refrigerate until desired firmness is achieved.
- 5In a small bowl combine nuts and 1 tablespoons of sugar. Press 1 side of each ball into the nut mixture and place, nut side up, two inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 7-10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to wax paper to cool completely. Do not cool on wire rack or caramel centers will fall through.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolo Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 120.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: