Recipe by Tracey Davidson Mizell
One of the first things I learned to make growing up. And now I only make these at Christmas as one of my special holiday treats.
Top Review by alligirl
I've seen this recipe around, and have been wanting to try it. I think I was expecting the mix/ingredients to be a bit more crumbly, but it was closer to 'batter-like'. Baked up nicely and there is a great toffee undertone to the bars. I have to find someone to share them with, or I'm going to eat them all! Thanks for sharing, Tracey Davidson Mizell.
- 1 (18 3/4 ounce) yellow cake mix, dry mix only
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 36 pieces Rolo chocolates, unwrapped and halved
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter and milk. This will be thick.
- Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture into a prepared 9 x 13 pyrex casserole dish.
- Sprinkle candies on top of cake mixture.
- Top candies with remaining cake mixture. This is thick and you may need to use your hands.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of 2nd layer of cake mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°.
- Cut while warm and allow to cool in the pan.