Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Since I was little we've made these in my family. My mom tells me she used to do this with her mother. Traditionally it is a Christmas treat but more and more we have them at any family function where there's baking. The measurements are rough because it really is from leftover pastry from pies.
- Roll left over pastry dough from pies out as thin as possible.
- Spread a thin layer of room temperature butter over entire dough to edges.
- Spread a thin layer of brown sugar over entire dough to edges.
- Starting from one edge, roll dough into a long tube but not too tight.
- Slice bite sized pieces and place in a pie plate with a centimetre or so spacing between.
- Bake at 325 for 15 - 20 minutes, watching them closely. If they start to brown, they should come out.
My mom always made these for us as kids, anytime there was left over pie dough. But we add cinnamon, which makes the Rlly Phillies so much better.
I made this recipe with recipe#300887. I baked it about 25 minutes. I added cinnamon. I loved the taste. Very addictive. Thanks Nymphadora Tonks :) Made for PAC spring 2011
I was looking for rollie pollies , made from cabbage and ground beef , pork and rice. all steamed in a big pot. This recipe is very different. If anyone had the one im looking for please post. ztoom