Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
The search is finally over.....I have found the BEST!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (3/4 cup of butter flavored shortening can be substitued for 1/2 of the butter for a fimer cookie)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.