Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I love to make rolled pancakes for the family. These turned out great with the additions of the Ranch dressing mix. I will be making this again soon!
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 lb ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, diced
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pork, sausage, onions and shallots; cook until brown and crumbly. Add 1-tablespoon ranch seasoning and water. Cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach, Parmesan cheese and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir to combine and remove from heat; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs with milk, 1 tablespoon Ranch seasoning and salt. Sift flour, measure and beat into egg mixture.
- Heat a nonstick 5- or 7- inch pan over medium-high heat. Working quickly add a small amount of butter and about 2 tablespoons of batter; being sure to tilt pan so batter covers the bottom. Cook until brown on one side, about 20-30 seconds. Remove to a parchment lined cookie sheet. Continue until all batter is used, buttering pan as needed.
- Divide filling between pancakes and roll.
- Arrange in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining 1 tablespoon Ranch seasoning and pour over rolls. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes. Serves 6 to 9.
Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds nice. I will make it as a galette - stacking the pancakes one above the other with filling between each and the sauce poured over the top.