1/2 Photos of Rolled Oats Shortbread
Another recipe from an old 1960's cookbook. I've been making these a couple times a year for 40 years. They are crispy and butter flavoured and so good. Use quick cooking oats. I use the dough hook to mix when it gets too hard for the K beater. Instead of rolling out I find it easier to pat into a 9"x 13" cookie sheet with 1/2" in sides. I use parchment paper. Score into about 1 1/2" pieces and bake. When baked cut along score lines and you have nice square cut cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- 2Cream butter and gradually add sugars, vanilla and oats.
- 3Add sifted mixture to make a stiff dough.
- 4Turn onto floured board and knead dough lightly to blend thoroughly.
- 5Pat or roll into 9"X 12" rectangle and cut into 1 1/2" squares.
- 6Bake at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Oats Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 82.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g