Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
High in fiber, low in fat and no refined sugar. A great way to start out your morning!
Combine and microwave
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml milk
Whisk together dry ingredients
- 158.51 ml gluten-free flour (I use bette hagman's four flour blend, 3 parts corn starch, 3 parts tapioca, 2 parts garfava and 1 p)
- 78.07 ml brown rice flour (or other high nutrient flour like amaranth)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Combine wet ingredients and add to dry mix
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1 mashed ripe banana (about 1/3 cup)
- 59.14 ml skim milk or 59.14 ml soymilk
- Microwave rolled oats and milk for 1 minute 45 seconds on high, then 3 minutes on 40% power.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Stir together wet ingredients until the egg is blended in well adding the the microwaved oats once they have cooled a little.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until well blended and let sit 2 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium low heat. Cook 1/3 cup pancakes 2-3 minutes on each side.
Love, love, love these pancakes. Great healthy ingredients, easy to make, and a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. I've actually made these up, put them in zip-lock bags, and brought them along with me when travelling - used them like a breakfast bar. Definitely not empty calories here!