Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- Put all ingredients except shortening in large plastic container; stir until well blended.
- Cut in shortening with a fork or pastry blender.
- Cover tightly, label with date and refrigerate.
- This mix will keep one month.
- To measure, spoon into cup, tap lightly and level off with a knife.
Love this master mix. Makes great muffins and pancakes. Thank you!
Nice to have another mix to simplify my life! Made the bread sticks and they were good. Thank you!
This mix is great. I have made pancakes, muffins and buttered oat sticks, yum, yum!!