- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except shortening in large plastic container; stir until well blended.
- Cut in shortening with a fork or pastry blender.
- Cover tightly, label with date and refrigerate.
- This mix will keep one month.
- To measure, spoon into cup, tap lightly and level off with a knife.