Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sliced apples and chopped pecans are a favorite topping for these hearty pancakes.
Make and share this Rolled Oats and Pecan Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (a generous dash)
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 sliced apple, for topping
- In a food processor, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, rolled oats, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and buttermilk, then beat in honey.
- Stir in flour mixture and stir until well mixed. Fold in pecans. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Ladle onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook each side until golden brown.
- Serve with apple topping.
These are terrific pancakes! Loved the taste and texture from the 4 different "flours" and the honey and nuts were a perfect addition. I just topped mine with maple syrup and loved every bite - thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were great - a different pancake from what I'm used to! We tried them with apple, and some with maple syrup and Bright, Light Buttermilk Syrup but our favourite way was just with a little butter spread on top so we could taste all the great ingredients. Made one small change - ran out of honey so I used corn syrup. Made for PAC Spring '12
These are a nice change from regular pancakes and somewhat similar to a spiced pancake I've made for years. I cut the recipe down to two servings, using sugar in place of honey, and whole wheat pastry flour for lighter cakes. I also added a little cinnamon and some vanilla and extra nutmeg. They flipped quite easily. Cold sliced apple on pancakes does nothing for me so I sprinked a tiny bit of cinnamon sugar on them and cooked them in the microwave for a few minutes and added a dollop of whipped cream. Thanks for sharing morgainegeiser! Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6