Recipe by morgainegeiser
Sliced apples and chopped pecans are a favorite topping for these hearty pancakes.
Top Review by loof
These are terrific pancakes! Loved the taste and texture from the 4 different "flours" and the honey and nuts were a perfect addition. I just topped mine with maple syrup and loved every bite - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (a generous dash)
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 sliced apple, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, rolled oats, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs and buttermilk, then beat in honey.
- Stir in flour mixture and stir until well mixed. Fold in pecans. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Ladle onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Cook each side until golden brown.
- Serve with apple topping.