Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very Easy to follow recipe
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy; beat in egg until blended.
- Add Vanilla and coconut, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Shape into 2-inch balls and arrange on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
I made these cookies to enjoy at our annual family birthday bash..lots of September birthdays in our family! My Dad, who loves oatmeal and coconut, as well as my whole family enjoyed them as well! I did add about 1 cup of coconut, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.. the cookies were really chewy and delicious. Thanks for a great recipe! Hazeleyes
These cookies have great texture and flavor. Sooooo good warm! When cooled, they stay chewy and fairly soft. They really do spread out. I spaced mine 2" apart as written and some of them still touched each other. Thanx for sharing this recipe; it's a keeper!