Recipe by amd du
Very Easy to follow recipe
Top Review by Hazeleyes
I made these cookies to enjoy at our annual family birthday bash..lots of September birthdays in our family! My Dad, who loves oatmeal and coconut, as well as my whole family enjoyed them as well! I did add about 1 cup of coconut, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.. the cookies were really chewy and delicious. Thanks for a great recipe! Hazeleyes
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy; beat in egg until blended.
- Add Vanilla and coconut, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Shape into 2-inch balls and arrange on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.