Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an awesome meatloaf recipe that I just made up working with ingredients on hand. It may sound odd, but once everything is baked together it turns out delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb hot pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix meats, bread crumbs, milk, egg and seasonings together. Lay out a large piece of waxed paper, lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
- In a food processor mix onions, parsely and golden raisins. (raisins may stay whole, that's ok!) If you do not have a food processor just chop onion and parsley. Mix sauce ingredients together, set aside.
- Spread meat onto waxed paper in an 11 by 9 inch rectangle.
- Spread parsley onion mix evenly on top.
- Start on one of the 9 inch sides and begin rolling the meat tightly. (Like a jelly roll) Lift into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375. Add sauce to top of meatloaf 1/2 way through cooking time.
Just my cup of tea! I mean my kind of meatloaf. The stuffing is out of the ordinary and the meat has a nice spice. I left everything chunky instead of using the food processor. I cut the recipe in half, so it is a little small looking, but delicious! Made for PAC, Fall 2009.
I usually dislike making meatloaf , found your recipe this evening and it is delicious. I used just a dash of hot pepper flakes, and mild sausage ,but everything else just as the recipe called for . The sauce is good too.